Are you or someone you know interested in working for Headwaters? We are looking for an individual to serve as our AmeriCorps VISTA.
The AmeriCorps VISTA will fill the role of Community Program Coordinator and assist Headwaters in carrying out watershed improvement efforts in Letcher County, Kentucky. This is a one-year, renewable position that will begin in July of 2017. The AmeriCorps VISTA will work closely with the Headwaters board, and for the first several months, the current AmeriCorps VISTA.
The duties of the Headwaters AmeriCorps VISTA will include:
- Research and implementation of water quality improvement efforts
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Partnership building and information sharing among community members, local government, agencies, nonprofits, and state-wide programs
VISTA terms and benefits:
- VISTA service is a full-time (40 hours/week), one-year (12 months) commitment.
- Receive a monthly living allowance of $990 per month ($11,880/year) before taxes – paid for by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- Upon completion, VISTAs will receive an education award ($5,800) or cash award ($1,500).
- Federal student loans may be forbearance or deferred during year of service.
- Eligible to receive healthcare benefits and allowances during service.
- Permitted 10 vacation and 10 sick days during service term.
- Relocation reimbursement (must be relocating 50 miles or more for service; $1,500 value)
- Access to additional professional development and training opportunities!
- If eligible, may receive childcare assistance (up to $400).
TO APPLY: Click here!
To learn more about the VISTA program, visit the AmeriCorps Campus webpage. If you are interested in this posting or have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.